Randy Dean's Timely Tips

You may have read Timely Tips on Randy Dean's web site, but now you can interact with it here on Blogspot.com. Please feel free to add comments and tips of your own, and thank you for your continued interest.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Randy Dean Enters Agreement with Sortis Publishing for Print Rights to Taming the E-mail Beast

It is with great pleasure and excitement I am writing you today to announce the formal agreement between myself and Sortis Publishing of Glendale, Arizona, regarding the U.S. and Canadian print rights to Taming the E-mail Beast: 45 Key Strategies for Better Managing Your E-mail Overload (and Regaining Your E-mail Sanity).

I knew from the instant that I started down this "e-mail sanity" path more than 3 1/2 years ago that I had really tapped into something that was both desperately needed and of great value. My "Taming E-mail" programs -- both conference speaking sessions and longer-form corporate/organizational training programs have been a big hit since introducing them to my corporate, university, and conference clients several years ago, and have become one of my top-2 most requested programs (more on this in a moment).

When I announced a couple of years ago that I was going to take this program and turn it into a book, I immediately received a very strong and supportive response from program attendees, clients, and members of the publishing industry. After speaking with several agents and publishers since the completion of the manuscript, Sortis Publishing quickly rose to the top of the list. Following on the success of their first book in their Front Line Business Book Series, Tactical Entrepreneur by Brian Hazelgren, Mike Webb, publisher at Sortis, sought me out to find his next successful publishing venture, and we will be working together over the next couple of years to bring my Taming E-mail systems and strategies to the masses. Sortis has a distribution agreement with Baker & Taylor, the world's largest book distributor, which should allow the new Taming E-mail business paperback to be available in virtually every bookstore in the U.S. and Canada upon publication, as well as the major online retailers like Amazon.com.

We will be working together on an aggressive publicity and promotion campaign to make Taming the E-mail Beast a big success, and more details (including some special pre-publication offers) will be coming very soon. Thus, you might see me in your town, on the web, in your newspaper, or on your radio station in coming months. Look for more news on this exciting paperback launch soon, including a special offer on my Taming E-mail audio program that I'll be sharing in this month's Timely Tips (coming out next week).

Major Success at This Summer's Conferences Too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I mentioned above, I also wanted to take advantage of this communication to share with you the recent results from two of my recent very successful Taming E-mail conference sessions:

1. I recently was a featured speaker on Taming the E-mail Beast at the HSMAI Affordable Meetings West conference in Long Beach, California. My 75-minute session at the conference was one of the more successful sessions, and featured an audience of experienced meeting/conference planners (people that are very used to researching and booking speakers and trainers!) As you can see from the program session results, this program was a very strong success with this audience -- so much so, I have been asked back to their National Affordable Meetings Conference in Washington, DC, next month, to speak on the same topic.

2. I was also a featured speaker at the National Institute of Management Accountants conference in Tampa in June. This conference, for high-level accounting and finance professionals for many of the most highly-regarded organizations, universities, and institutions in the U.S. and abroad, allowed for a big audience to learn how to better tame their e-mail. As you can see from the session results, this session also went extremely well, save for one person who I think would do better reading my book! ;-) I have also been asked to submit proposals again for their Annual Conference next year, and will also be speaking to several individual IMA chapters this year due to the performance of this session.

It is definitely nice seeing that this program is not only topical, relevant, and highly useful, but that it is also entertaining and engaging. I've worked many hours on both the book and the related speaking, training, and teleseminar sessions, and I have to give a big thanks to all of you that have supported me in these efforts. I really could not have envisioned all of this when starting my little one-man training company 4+ years ago.

Obviously, much more information will be coming soon regarding the paperback development and release, and my other speaking and training programs (if you can believe it, my Finding an Extra Hour time management programs actually rate equal to or better than my Taming E-mail sessions). Watch for more information on these and my other programs, teleseminars, and events soon.

In Closing ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks again for all of your support over the last 4.5 years. Without all of you, none of this would have been possible. You've made my professional life both inspiring and fun, and I very much look forward to creating more value for you moving forward with related and new speaking and training programs and information products.

Watch for another Timely Tips very soon (with yet another great e-mail tip!), and have a great remainder of summer. Hoping to see all of you on the road somewhere soon,

Randy Dean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home